Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only In New York: Just-Ice Dec 19th

I had been contemplating hitting NYC this week for a gig that Giant Step put on. Your man Alex Bark from Jazzanova was in NY for a quick hotel gig. Love that dude. Germans are on fire in my books. Some great music to say the least...
But I also was just shot an email. Dec 19th, NY will be host to foundation:




Can you even believe this?? I need to get my travel game back up as this 08 year was a snoozer. Had some great times this year, but they were also clipped by some BS. But when I see a gig w/ Just-Ice on the bill??
I grew up listening to this dude. So nuts.



No disrepect to the other cats on the bill, esp LORD RAKIM, but Just-Ice? This is big. Anyone who recalls the earliest days like Sleeping Bag , will and must recall a big man like Just-Ice. When the beatbox used to blare out of speakers, Gemini x-faders were tops. Cats talk that gangster sh*t, but this dude was one of the originals. That sh*t takes me way back, way back....



Sam (friend I bucked up this past weekend) and I were chatting about NY and why NYers are born with a chip. She loved her stay in NYC, lived there for a few years and could not get enough of it. I felt her. It all happened there @ some point. Came from there, is there or it's on it's way there. Who knows. But, I keep saying it: the tourists in NY will outnumber the NYers, if that's not happened already.

This show could only happen in NY. So much history on that bill. Anyhow, I would have loved being @ this gig. And to boot, I think I know the dude putting it on. Long ass story. Anyhow, enjoy some Just-Ice on me. You can stream and for the 1st time ever, a downloadable link. Enjoy today's benevolence. I'm not in favor but I love Just-Ice too much for other to not enjoy it. Lemme know if this joints sounds familiar @ all...









Enjoy...

H!

No comments: