Monday, December 15, 2008

Pubescent Passion: Let the Right One in (Låt den rätte komma in)

So, I had been repeatedly seeing this trailer on HDNET, and it had peaked my interest like another film I had been obsessed with after seeing the trailer.



Let the Right One in (Låt den rätte komma in): A Swede story of schoolyard sweethearts, a near bleach blonde boy and the pearl of his big blues eyes, an eerie adolescent vampiress.
Blood curdling, ambushes and inexplicable execution take a back seat. This is a very cute love story. And honestly, I loved it.
I in fact will place this in the Vicki, Christina, Barcelona realm. Simply amazing.
Though as gangly twelve year olds they have that gaucheness expected, but you still see some classic life lessons from this minuscule Scandinavian set. I started to have flashes of this IML fatigue that i could be suffering from.... argh. I need to see someone about that.
This is a must in the pages in my books, even for the most remote movie buff. You into some decent horror, this is a good one to catch. As you know, night time rules for the vampiric type.
Thank you Sweden. Shouts to Kissey and Fatima! Was gonna txt you guys during the film... was too sucked in. ;)

H!

No comments: