Friday, June 27, 2008

Bullion $$ Man

This week has been a great music week indeed. Better than both f*cking CMW x NXNE combined, (don't get me started on those 2 weak weeks).
Sometime last year, came across a young cat thru my man Jay as always and was pretty much floored by my man's riddims. Bullion, a cat out of London had just done a superb refix, re-edit and rmx of a Beach Boys record: Pet Sounds.



Taking inspiration from the Deacon of Tha D, the almighty Dilla himself, he created what would many might regard as a mash up (though, I cringe when hearing that term, and usually refrain from using it - but will use it in this case to illustrate my point): Pet Sounds in the Key Of Dee. How sick is that concept?? Beach Boys??



Fa Sho! He even slid Dilla's likeness in there. Fresh. Even fresher though was this record. Full of bangers.

Here's a sample (you prolly heard me drop this @ a 92BPM event):









I still recall this one night @ Global Warming (shouts to Big Ager!) and I dropped a joint off this LP. This chick came storming like... "BEACH BOYS!!" - and she was losing it. Haha.

Anyhow, FFWD just about 1 year, and Bullion has hit us with a new 12" in anticipation of an LP.



Get Familar b/w Rude Effort. Banger. What's even doper, I bought this one off iTunes. This is an iTunes+ release as well, so in theory, no DRM for you Serato cats.

Looking fwd to more joints indeed, as he's been singled out by EU's hvw8's: GP, Benji and a many others... Look out. So do yourself a favor and get this record. $2 CAD you won't regret dropping.

So in the mean time, you need to Get Familiar indeed.









Say wrd.

H!

No comments: