Wednesday, May 30, 2007

NXNE: Saturday Night Live (The Absolute Requisite)

For cats who know me, the list of consequential items in my life read like: family, mortgage (believe it), my clothes and accessories, my Mac, my ppls & my music/shows. On top of that, I try to keep my social calendar fresher than 8am croissants from Clafouti's oven - Dédicaces Olivier! As such, when I get excited about shows, pls believe that this is within reason (mine @ least).
Saturday June 9th, The Glastone Hotel may showcase one of the freshest shows that Toronto will see. NXNE has strung together a night which will feature the exceptional sounds of Illadelphia outfit Nouveau Riche featuring the ravishing Nikki Jean, & the BK/'Nati triumverate Tanya Morgan

I was 1st introduced to both Nikki Jean & Khari Mateen of the Nouveau Riche by a certain Jack Davey (of none other than J*Davey fame) whilst @ The 4th Annual Roots Jam aka their Grammy Party earlier this year (ask me about Brother J of X-Clan when you see me next, shouts to Kardi who was there). Khari had production credits on the last Roots LP Game Theory and has also been rumored to be working on the forthcoming J*Davey LP slated for late 2007. Nouveau Riche's sound has been termed as Post-Genre aka free of any real definition, w/ inspiration coming from more directions than a Garmin GPS. My friends will know me to describe it as fast, or for music lovers.

The Tanya Morgan trio was in Toronto for the 1st time during a benefit concert which unfortunately went unnoticed. Do not replicate this mistake of missing their set as it will be ceratin to relieve the hip hop discontent who keep asserting that hip hop has died (Nas included. Does someone have his cell #?). Hip hop is alive and well, and will be @ The Gladstone Hotel June 9th.
Nota Bene: on a side an mildly related note, Karl Jenkins, most well known as Dice Raw is a member of The Nouveau Riche. Do the math.
I'm so stoked about this, I plan on going shopping for a fresh outfit for that night. Toronto, pls stand up. I'll see you there. Lippo, me and you @ the bar my ninja. He knows wassup.
Go to NXNE for more info.

No comments: